I’ve been doing this for 30 days now and decided to write about it – almost 365,000 steps!
10,000 steps a day.
10,000 steps is what what the NHS recommends we all walk every day: “Setting yourself a target of walking 10,000 steps a day can be a fun way of increasing the amount of physical activity you do”.
My initial reaction? Fun? Really? Maybe?
How realistic or easy is 10,000 steps EVERY DAY?
- In the middle of winter?
- When it’s raining?
- When you’re cold?
- When you’re tired?
- When you ate too much over Christmas?
- When you have no waterproof clothing?
- When, after a week of over-enthusiastically walking everywhere and telling all your mates about it, there’s too much chafing because you’re not actually used to walking that far and don’t have, nor can you afford more to the point, any “sportswear” or clothing to make this said walking more comfortable?
- When your feet hurt from all the walking?
- When your umbrella is broken and you need to get…
View original post 1,641 more words